Cj5 Fog light issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Cj5 Fog light issue

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
77blackcj5
1977 CJ5 

Cj5 Fog light issue

Ok so I bought this jeep a month ago and this problem has been going on since I got the jeep. After having the fog lights on for more than a minute or two, the the headlights and everything turn completely off and on and flicker until I turn the fog lights off. Any idea? Thanks

77blackcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Bmel17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

what have you eliminated as the problem so far?

Have you checked the switches to make sure they are good, fuses, wires/grounds?
Bmel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Explain or diagram, very specifically, how the fog lights are wired. Is there a relay in the circuit ? Where/what circuit are the fog lamps drawing their power from ?

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
77blackcj5
1977 CJ5 

I really have no idea. Ill have to look at that when I get home but all I know is after a minute or two with them on, the entire electrical system shuts off when it flickers and the alternator makes a noise like it struggling
77blackcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Then I would suspect a short circuit due to improper wiring, or the use of undersized wires.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.