Center Console with a Subwoofer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Center Console with a Subwoofer

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
gfriedm1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Center Console with a Subwoofer

I am think of purchasing this a center console with a subwoofer in it. the one i have selected does not come with a sub so i am free to put any sub id like in there. i am looking at the FACTORY MOPAR CONSOLE 03-06 TJ DK SLATE 82207706. i would like to hear feed back from people who have used the center console sub. how does it sound. is there an enclosed box around the woofer? what does it look like from the top when the console is open. thanks for the help. a picture of one i am looking can be found here.

gfriedm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
man0ica
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am wanting to put a subwoofer console in my TJ also. The 4 speaker system just doesn't carry any bass, and I 'm hopeing the subwoofer helps. My question is does the stock 4 speaker system wiring harness have the wiring included for the subwoofer? Will the stock CD/AM/FM radio in a TJ drive the subwoofer? Thanks in advance for any info!
Unread 12-21-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
itstnee

IF your bying it for bass, DON'T I have one in my 06 and it sounds like S%&T
itstnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
gfriedm1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

do you have the stock sub woofer that comes with the car or an aftermarket one? id imagine that it doesn't put out a ton of bass, but there is no bass as it is. must be better then not having in?
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:34 AM   #5
Dozer.

I blew my factory one within a month.. LITERALLY! They suck. Period!
I think they use a 6 or 6.5" sub???

I have been speaking with an install shop locally, and we have come up with an idea to relocate the emergency brake, and put a down firing enclosure in the center console area.

But... if you don't want to go to these extremes, then I suggest you do a search on this site for a center console sub. I remember a guy that made an enclosure to fit in the factory space. I believe he put a 8" sub in there.

Good luck... and do NOT buy the factory sub! LOL!

Nicholas

[COLOR="Blue"]Lock'd, Rock'd, but not ready to roll.
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"]There needs to be a Twelve Step program to stop the modding addiction![/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"][U]SAVE PARAGON![/U][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] Visit [url]www.saveparagonap.com[/url] to get more information.
Dozer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #6
gfriedm1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

definitely wasn't gonna buy the factory sub, that's to little. All of the ones that i am looking at say they hold an 8 in sub. i figure if i got a real nice 8 in sub with a decent amp, the bass should be sufficient.

Last edited by gfriedm1; 12-21-2005 at 09:45 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.