center console - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > center console

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

center console

i have a thought...

From my Bose Accoustimass 5, I've already added 2 rear and 2 front double cube speakers to my pioneer deh-735. However, the way teh accoustimass is set up, i dont get good bass from teh cubes.

Has anyone tried to mount the sub between the seats like a console? If not, i'll try and post some pics once (if) I get it mounted...

BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
SirGCal

You put home theater speakers in your vehicle? I wouldn't do that. For one, home theater speakers are normally 6 or 8-ohms or more where-as the conventional vehicle speaker is 4-ohms or less.

Second, something like the bose system is designed to run all toghether and any one part without the whole sounds like crap. (then again, the whole isn't much better IMHO for those little cubes.. ) Plus those systems are pre-balanced and loaded with their own crossovers and sometimes also amps.

So if you're going to stick it in there you really need to use the whole thing. But it's still not something I would do (mixing home and car audio designed parts that is.). Espically with something like bose who is real vague on what their speaker proterties really are (frequency responce, resistance, etc...)

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.