CD Player Skipping?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > CD Player Skipping??

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-26-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
nspurk

CD Player Skipping??

Is there any good product to put in between the CD Player and the bottom of the Dash so there will be less of a bump and so it doesnt skip. Or is there any high quality instal kit that will do the trick? Mine skips more than ever!

THanks

2" Rubicon Express Budget Boost
32" Goodyear Tires
Pioneer Headunit and Speakers
2 JL Audio 8" Subs
nspurk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
SirGCal

The only real protection is a good anti-skip cd player. We used to try mounting them in foam or rubber but after much trial and error we found out a good solid mount was best. The internals are insulatde against minor vibration already and trying to insulate the outside without a correct suspension setup actually increased internal shock forces.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2004, 06:01 PM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

And a good anti-skip CD player is normally one that just has a good long electronic buffer inside. It still skips due to the Jeep's suspension or rough roads but the electronic buffer stores enough music that the the buffer fills in during the skip well enough that the skip is never heard.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
wjmime

Sony is the only brand out right now - that I know of - that has anything like anti-skip. Other brands just have some buffers on them, but they do well, for the most part. And to me, Sony is not the brand that you want to go with.
Your problem may just be that the laser is mis-aligned or needs cleaned. If you can get it taken care of professionally, do it.

-Ben
[B]Black Jeep Club v2.0 member #77[/B]
wjmime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.