CD cuts off when Bass hits??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > CD cuts off when Bass hits???

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 10-09-2002, 10:07 AM   #1
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

CD cuts off when Bass hits???

HELP!, I just got my new Sony Xplod CDplayer installed by Bestbuy yesterday and I told the guy to run wires down from the radio to hook up to the subs I had at home. Well hid did but he used my crappy 'fishing line' I had on the stock unit! But I don't think thats the problem. The problem is when I turn up my CDplayer not even half way.. when the bass hits the CD player cuts out. What could be the problem??? Is it wiring or do I need to amp them? Or is it the fuse?? or what??? ITs not shorting anywhere because it was just installed. Also the front to rear fader is screwed up too!. THIS SUCKS! I will take it back but it would help if I was more knowledgeable about it. also the subs are wired together to be mono... I know there's a term for it but I've been out of the audio loop for a long time. Please respond soon, I want to fix this ASAP. I can't even turn up the radio loud enough to drown out my tires!!! thanks in advance

Unread 10-09-2002, 11:31 AM   #2
TonyTJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You need to amp the subs!!!!!!
You are drawing too much power from the head and it shuts off as a safety so it won't blow-up. HTH

'12 WK2 Limited QTII 5.7L 730N Black with Light Ash Interior.

2004 GTO
404 rwhp / 396 rwtq
TonyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
GASPEDDLER

i think the term your looking for is, "bridging."
take it back, raise some hell.
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
FunkSkunk

1992 YJ Wrangler 

bridging is the word... and yes the auto-shut off sounds right too... but what about the fade - front to rear problem???? is that the installers fault or does that have something to do with the crappy wire, or the bridging or what???? If I haven't given enough info what could create this problem so I can check it? THANKS
Unread 10-10-2002, 01:04 AM   #5
GHJEEP94YJ

In you sig you say that you have MTX 10s, is assuming that that means that you have 2 plus. I also didn't see and thing that says anything about an amp, if you don't have one, go get it or you will either burn out you deck because you are trying to pull to much power from it, or you are going to mess up your subs because you are not giving them enough power and that is not good for them either. Go get rid of the MTX and the Sony eXplode and get all Fosgate stuff.

I have 1 12" Fosgate that requires at least 350 watts to peform hardly at all and can take up to 800. When I had my 1 10" fosgate I was running a 250.2 fosgate amp and had it bridged so it was kickin 500 watts to it. It sounded awsome for the 10 but I think that I need more for my 12.
The point of me saying that is that if I was running 500 watts to my 1 10" you should get atleast that to run 2 10s
Spray In Liner, Rancho RS 5000's
Use the long skinny pedal and you will be okay.

[URL=http://www.jeeps4me.com]Great source of information and fun.[/URL]
BLACK JEEP CLUB MEMBER #8
GHJEEP94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2002, 07:51 AM   #6
FunkSkunk

1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i know sony sucks, yes yes.... but this is a jeep... Its not a ricer trying to out bump the guy next to me. I can just drive OVER him! I just needed a decent system that has a good sound. I don't need a massive bass car, and the jeep is the worst vehicle for it! Ok so yeah, xplod sucks, i get it. and no I'm not taking the 2 day old cd player back to get something else, what i have is fine. (sorry if I sound pissed but if you read my post on alignment in the lift/shocks/... forum you'll see why) So thank you for the amp knowledge I didn't know anything about how the subs draw power so its really good to know now. Thank you thank you. My other question is why the heck even if I have the subs connected and the volume real low, why doesn't it fade from front to rear correctly?? When its faded either way it sounds horrible but if its centered between the front and rear its fine... until you turn the volume up but I know its the subs sucking it up then. ok thanks guys this does help a lot, I know its a bunch of dumb questions but we all started out as morons too. If ya need any help with picking a lift kit now I can help there!
Unread 10-10-2002, 08:32 AM   #7
AllanAlxndr

Quote:
Originally posted by FunkSkunk
yeah i know sony sucks, yes yes.... but this is a jeep... Its not a ricer trying to out bump the guy next to me. I can just drive OVER him! I just needed a decent system that has a good sound. I don't need a massive bass car, and the jeep is the worst vehicle for it! Ok so yeah, xplod sucks, i get it. and no I'm not taking the 2 day old cd player back to get something else, what i have is fine. (sorry if I sound pissed but if you read my post on alignment in the lift/shocks/... forum you'll see why) So thank you for the amp knowledge I didn't know anything about how the subs draw power so its really good to know now. Thank you thank you. My other question is why the heck even if I have the subs connected and the volume real low, why doesn't it fade from front to rear correctly?? When its faded either way it sounds horrible but if its centered between the front and rear its fine... until you turn the volume up but I know its the subs sucking it up then. ok thanks guys this does help a lot, I know its a bunch of dumb questions but we all started out as morons too. If ya need any help with picking a lift kit now I can help there!
I don't think fading is going to do much difference if you don't have the power to back it up... I bought this sub:
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=pyrpb1860

It is an 1800 watt amp and works fine. I bought it cause of the Price... Only 134 to my house. I am only using 2 channels to run all of my stuff and it works great.

*'90 Wrangler*
*4 Banger*
*6" of lift, (4" suspension, 2" body)*
*33" ATs on Outlaw II's*
*Pioneer DEH3500/CD deck*
*1800WATT Amp w/ Custom Box*
*2 - 8" Rockford Fosgate HEs*
*Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4' Firestik Antenna*

Member of Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
AllanAlxndr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.