cb under seat??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > cb under seat???

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
jays-tj
When is it enough?

2002 TJ Wrangler 

cb under seat???

Trying to figure out where to mount my cb. Ultimately it will be mounted on top between the spreader bars after I get the sport cage. But for now I was thinking of mounting it under the driver side seat. It one of the bigger Cobra cb's. I'll also mount a small speaker to the roll bar on the side to be able to hear it. It would be far enough back that I wouldn't hit it with my feet when getting in or out. Only bummer thing would be changing the setting or channel while I'm driving but I figure if I'm wheeling with a group I could set the channel when I was stopped. Any thoughts?? Is this a totally stupid idea?

Unread 02-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
PhulesAu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

YES, a radio you can't operate is like........ NO radio at all?
PhulesAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
FuzzyDolly
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just mount it on top of the dash over the center console. Works great for me!

2005 Solar Yellow X
2" Skyjacker BB - 31X10.5\15 Cooper STT
www.wnyoffroad.org
FuzzyDolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #4
MSAND1977
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Or get a tuffy console and mount it like this http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/my-cb-mounting-location-379358/
MSAND1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.