cb radio wiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > cb radio wiring

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
jeepandoakley
1998 ZJ 

cb radio wiring

hello, so today i got this basic cb radio from a friend and on the back it has a red and black wire that are long enough. but the white wire is cut all the way back, to the point were i couldn't attach new wire. i dont know much about cb radios so i dont know if i need the white one. also i wanted to know if wire it in with my radio fuse if that will be alright just like put it in the slot with the fuse and what i should do with the black wire if i should ground it or plug it in somewhere, by the way i have a 98 zj laredo if that would help in any way. Thanks

jeepandoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No idea what the white wire is but I'd guess it isn't needed. DO NOT JAM THE WIRE IN WITH THE RADIO FUSE!!! That is such a terrible idea. Instead, get an add-a-circuit and add it to whichever "mode" you want (On all the time, on with ignition, on with ACC, ect). The black wire gets grounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

CB radios are best fed power and ground from the battery. Use a 5A inline fuse. The white wire bay be for ign power. What brand or model radio.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.