Cb Radio No Power? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Cb Radio No Power?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-16-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
unseen6554
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cb Radio No Power?

Been searching this forum and the internet and am having trouble finding out whats going on with my new cb radio. I just hooked up my Uniden pro 520xl with a Firestick 4' antenna kit in my '99 Xj. When i turn on the radio power switch nothing happens, just like its not hooked up. I ran a 10 gauge cable to the battery and another one for the ground.

Edit. Ran a ground to the battery, 10 gauge is to big for what im using it for.

Last edited by unseen6554; 05-16-2009 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: Fixed
unseen6554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Skyryder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

First 10 gauge is a bit big, but if it's there it will work.
Check you fuse, check for power at the fuse, this will direct trouble shooting either to the battery connection or CB itself.
Some models of radios with PA function will disable CB, check controls on radio.
You didn't get the wires mixed up? Red=12v +, Black=neg(ground)
Black Jeep Society #264
Skyryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.