CB Radio Install Jeep TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > CB Radio Install Jeep TJ

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
The_Phagocyte
2004 TJ Wrangler 

CB Radio Install Jeep TJ

Trying to find a convenient mounting location in my 04' TJ, any ideas?

The_Phagocyte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
4banged
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think I've seen a bracket that allowed you to mount one in bottom left corner of windshield (on dash). I went with the all in one handheld cb from Cobra which allows you to mount it almost anywhere.

cobra-cb-radio.jpg
4banged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
03Ruth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't like the idea of mounting it overhead and having the mic cord smacking me in the head so I mounted mine here...
03Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #4
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I got one of them easy mount brackets that goes on the footman loop. I like it.
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
duhamel17
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mounted mine to the back of the console. I realy like the location since it is out of the way, and almost out of site with the top up. Made a bracket so I didn't have to drill any holes n anything.

duhamel17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #6
dan121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I bought the dash mount from rugged ridge

This guy
dan121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan121 View Post
I bought the dash mount from rugged ridge

This guy
I liked the location, I did not like the mount so I made one for Kat's rig with a hammer and a vise.

I wanted the CB flat to the mount to keep it lower and the reason they raise them is so the speaker can be heard. I used an AUX speaker so that didn't matter. I also didn't like the mounting screws they used. Nor did I want the mic there, so I built a mic extension cable.

Unread 04-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

My CB is so big the only place I could put it was on the back of the center console. Ran two self tappers into it (which went into the console itself ) but its out of the way and the mic cord runs between my seat and the console up by the shifter.
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
dan121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good, Blaine. I had to shorten the radio mount bracket on my rugged ridge to fit my slim CB. I also didn't understand the location of the mic holder that makes the cord cross the steering column??? So I added a new hole and put it on the left side. I'll try to get a picture later.
dan121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
Jaminjer
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I saw where one guy mounted his under the drivers seat.
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
MJBinNM
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I put mine overhead using a shelf mounting rail from Lowes...less than 10 bucks in parts and it's out of the way. It's been in for about 4 years...

It's just secured with hose clamps to the side bars. You could easily cover it with pipe insulation to clean up the look a little.
MJBinNM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
wilkow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not a 100% clean install, but I'm happy with it. No wires visible, stable mount, able to lock it up, and still enough room in console for mic, cord, vasoline(for zippers), radio faceplate, and keys

Those wires in the pic are for the amp thats usually under the seat. I have removed my drv seat to install fat kid seat brackets lol.
img_0325.jpg   img_0326.jpg  
wilkow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Here is where I mounted it in my TJ.

'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
stwilson74

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wanted mine somewhere easy to see, hear, and adjust and I never found that silly tray on the dash to be useful so I did this;

A couple of simple aluminum bars with the stock mounting bolts and radio bracket;

And I detached the tray from the bezel, I could put it back in if I wanted but its been several years and I still like where it is;

When I am not using the radio the mic cord wraps around behind out of the way, when I am using it the mic is in my lap half the time anyway.
"Betsy" 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #603 of 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I like having my panties in a wad though, because when I get DW they rub me in just the right way! :D Wadded panties plus DW equals Jeepgasm! :D :kiss:
stwilson74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stwilson74 View Post
I wanted mine somewhere easy to see, hear, and adjust and I never found that silly tray on the dash to be useful so I did this;

A couple of simple aluminum bars with the stock mounting bolts and radio bracket;

And I detached the tray from the bezel, I could put it back in if I wanted but its been several years and I still like where it is;

When I am not using the radio the mic cord wraps around behind out of the way, when I am using it the mic is in my lap half the time anyway.
I really like this. I've been pondering a place to mount a cobra 29

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.