CB problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > CB problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-04-2001, 10:01 AM   #1
mytjnamedrex

CB problem

Ok i have a problem with my CB and cant figure it out. After I went offroad yesterday i turned my CB off and went to the powerwasher...When I was done i turned on my CB but no sound. The antenna was the only thing that was outside and everything was tight. I had the top on so nothing got wet on the inside. All connections are tight and now i just get the channel light but when i press the MIKE button i get TX come up so i dont think it involves the mike. I have a mavon CB and a 3 ft. fiberglas antenna that i picked up at radioshack(no laughing it was an impulse buy) Well sorry its so long but does anyone have any ideas???

Unread 11-04-2001, 12:56 PM   #2
evilpsych

turn your squelch down.. duh..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2001, 01:38 PM   #3
mytjnamedrex

its all the way down..........im not that stupid! It worked this morning though.. does water affect it even though the connections are tight? Ive used it in the rain with no problems b4..
Unread 11-04-2001, 01:41 PM   #4
mytjnamedrex

also im thinking about the synthetic blinker fluid... whats the best kind lol I think my muffler bearings are about worn out cause theres this sound that like comes from like the pipe at the back and it didnt do it like earlier LOL i know its an old joke but its just too funny
Unread 11-04-2001, 02:31 PM   #5
my litte red yj

check to see if the switch for pa /radio is not in the pa mode!!
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2001, 06:03 PM   #6
mytjnamedrex

i dont have a PA. It will work from time to time but when im going down the street at above 25mph i lose reception. It comes and goes and ive checked and rechecked everything...the coaxial cable isnt bent or anything. Could it be an antennna and how could i check w/o getting a new one??
Unread 11-06-2001, 06:53 PM   #7
evilpsych

what kind of antenna do you have? a decent screw-in jobby or a magnetic mount?

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
Unread 11-06-2001, 07:18 PM   #8
mytjnamedrex

a screw in..
Unread 11-06-2001, 10:32 PM   #9
evilpsych

hrmm check the antenna's ground

Unread 11-13-2001, 06:26 PM   #10
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

You might want to check Craig's website. He is into Jeeps and has been the "gawd of CB's" for around 25 years (full time job). He has some great information on his site regarding CB's and antenna and such ..

You might just find your answer there .. I know I found many of my answers there
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2001, 05:01 PM   #11
ukjeeping

Go back to RadioShack and have them put an SWR meter on your cb. Water can get down in coax causeing a short to ground
Unread 11-20-2001, 04:07 PM   #12
mytjnamedrex

im thinking of investing in a longer antenna to mount on the bumper for a little better reception and i took it to radioshack and calibrated it. It works fine offroad but i find that at times it has problems going on the street. Im hoping a better antenna will help reception as well as signal reliability. Thanx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.