cb external speaker output to radio speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > cb external speaker output to radio speakers

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

cb external speaker output to radio speakers

Has anyone been abke to do this I know my cb has a external dpeaker line oit would that be able to go into a red white audio cable

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Use a 3.5mm jack to red/white cable adapter. I use them for playing ipods on my home stereo so I always have one laying around. I keep one in the Jeep to hook the PA horn to the PA output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sort of.

Mine has a PA output on the back that takes a regular headphone jack, so I just run a line from that to the AUX input on the stereo.

Problem comes, I get *wicked* feedback. Someday I'll find a nice spot for a bullhorn and hook it up, though.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

On my LJ I put in aux CB speaker plus ran it to the stereo also. I use a Y to split the external out. Most of the time the speaker is enough but if it gets hard to hear I use the stereo since I can crank it. Just remember to turn it down before using the winch

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
neonhomer
1996 ZJ 

You can't hook it to the PA output. That will definitely cause feedback when you key the mic in PA mode!

Easiest way to do the CB ext speaker to get an external speaker. I took a old one and mounted it in my overhead console, right behind my head. Works great for my CB and for my 2 meter radio as well. The only problem I have is my CB has talkback, so I have to turn it down or off so I don't get feedback.
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.0L/42RE/242 - Rebuilt motor w/ Comp cam (4/12), 3.5" Junkyard F>R lift, 31x10.5.x15 M/T's, Spartan Locked D44a, TC & tank skids, F&R adj trackbars, V8 steering arms
Galaxy DX99V CB, 102" SS Whip, Yaesu FT-2900R 2m, Larsen 1/4w mag mount, Sony HU, Massive 3way - F Door, Pioneer 3way - R Doors, MB Quart ONX304 Subs (x2), Lanzar 1600w amp.

"No Matter Where You Go... There You Are."
"Oh me oh my a lovely day is dawning. Oh what a joy I didn't wake up dead. So I can go to work and then resume my yawning, and get my sleep on site instead of in my bed" - Daria Morgendorffer (with my twist)
neonhomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
n8nsn

I ran a stereo 1/8" jack from the headphone jack on the FT857d and the opposite end a 1/8" stereo jack directly into the line in on the front of my Pioneer stereo. Sounds KILLER on all modes. If I don't need the extra volume it just runs through the external speaker wired in through the slide mound. It's quite the rig.
rack.jpg   woods-3.jpg   n8nsn-usa.jpg  
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

N8NSN,

Can I get some more details on your mounting, it all looks custom. do you have any other pics or build thread?

thanks,
W4TFB

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
SpencerCooper

I have a question....would a cb radio be able to power two low watt pa speakers? Like if I had the wires go through a coupler then plug it Into the back of my cb?
SpencerCooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCooper View Post
I have a question....would a cb radio be able to power two low watt pa speakers? Like if I had the wires go through a coupler then plug it Into the back of my cb?
Are you trying to have an external speaker or a PA?

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
SpencerCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Are you trying to have an external speaker or a PA?
A pa
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
A pa
Do you have a CB that supports a PA?

Quote:
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
SpencerCooper

Quote:
Do you have a CB that supports a PA?
yes I have a cobra 19 ultra lll and it does have a PA button on it
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yes I have a cobra 19 ultra lll and it does have a PA button on it
Then I would think it would be no problem. But why two?

Quote:
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #14
SpencerCooper

Quote:
Then I would think it would be no problem. But why two?
I was just wondering just a random question that came to mind....then I thought maybe it would be louder....do you think it would? Or would the cb distribute the power evenly?
Unread 10-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was just wondering just a random question that came to mind....then I thought maybe it would be louder....do you think it would? Or would the cb distribute the power evenly?
It would be no louder. Using a good speaker with the proper wattage rating for the CB and a high sensitivity rating will be the loudest and clearest.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.