CB: Another High SWR Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > CB: Another High SWR Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686keydragon View Post
My assumption is that the 3' firestick just didn't get high enough above the roll bar. Now my only issue is that the 4' antenna is too tall for my garage.
Could be but my Firestick FS-2 2' antenna, mounted at just above tail light height, has a 1.3 SWR and it doesn't make it above the rollbar at all. My antenna is 2' so the TJ can fit into the garage.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPNinPA
Roll bar should not have been a problem unless it was 2-3 in away. Sounds like the antenna is open as the adjustments did nothing for you initially.

Anyway glad to hear you got it fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
11Could be but my Firestick FS-2 2' antenna, mounted at just above tail light height, has a 1.3 SWR and it doesn't make it above the rollbar at all. My antenna is 2' so the TJ can fit into the garage.
Well that's good news. I'll have to try another 3' antenna to see if it was just DOA (still a few years away from needing a 2' antenna).

2002 TJ, 2.5L, 4" lift, 33" dunlop mud rovers, xrc8 winch, aussie locked d30, a-z fabrication ww2ww sliders, mounted mv-50 compressor, SirGcal sub box
686keydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #18
WJ02FNG
2002 WJ 

http://www.wilsonantenna.com/faq.php Pay attention to #8 - the other FAQs should be able to help out as well.
WJ02FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #19
686keydragon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ02FNG
http://www.wilsonantenna.com/faq.php Pay attention to #8 - the other FAQs should be able to help out as well.
See a few posts up; this was resolved by changing the antenna. Thank you for the thoughts though.

2002 TJ, 2.5L, 4" lift, 33" dunlop mud rovers, xrc8 winch, aussie locked d30, a-z fabrication ww2ww sliders, mounted mv-50 compressor, SirGcal sub box
686keydragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.