can any one tell me about cobra all in handset mobile cb's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > can any one tell me about cobra all in handset mobile cb's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-27-2004, 07:52 AM   #1
bockwho

can any one tell me about cobra all in handset mobile cb's

Two modles I am looking at

non bling cb 75wxst cobra all in handset mobile cb

bling cb 75XTR neon blue illumination

q's I have

Is any one using them? (no one in the last year has commented on these cb's)

do you like it?

where is it mounted?
(wondering if it would work in the sound bar never been inside the sound bar dont have any clue if it would fit)

what dont you like about it?

From what I have read the set-up is key is yours set up properly could that by why it performs poorly?

Range?

are all the features covered? ( in a good cb)

is their any thing on the market better?

I was drawn to the size of the more than any thing I don't really want to butcher my dash or kick this thing constaly. I have seen it mounted behind the glove box also

the Blue might get annoying but let me know about the cb .. If you have the blue one you can pm me I wont tell anyone.

Just wondering

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #2
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

I have never owned one nor have I seen one except in pics but Cobra is a decent name in teh manufacture of CBs and I have heard a number of people that like the CB you are talking about.

As far as the Bling is concerned, what ever floats your boat.

As far as I am concerned I like a smaller unit mounted in the overhead console or on the bars with a hanging mike.

Later,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2004, 10:14 AM   #3
Claw

I have the non-bling version and like it very much. It does have its flaws, but most are easily correctable. First, the built-in speaker is not very loud. An external speaker is cheap and easy, just plug it into the jack on the silver box. Second, no P.A. jack, but I can live with that. Third, the little plastic button on the back that holds that handset in the dash mount is cheap and breaks off during rough wheeling. I got a replacement button from Cobra (no charge), and now I hang the handset on my mirror from one of those bungee type, trucker-style hangers I got at a truck stop (sorry, no pics).

Other than that, it's been very reliable for 2 1/2 years now. It transmits and receives just fine. I especially like the scan feature and the weather band.
'02 Wrangler Sport, 4.0L Auto, D44/D30, ARB lockers, Tera S4T, 33x12.5 BFG MT/KMs, Eagle 589s, Rancho RS 9000s, Warn XD9000i, Wilderness Swing Away, Currie Rockers, Bestop Flares, Cobra 75WXST, Garmin GPS V, etc.
Claw is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.