Burnt DVD Won't Play - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Burnt DVD Won't Play

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
08JGCOilBurner

2008 WK 

Burnt DVD Won't Play

Help! I just got my '08 CRD JGC - an incredible machine! Even this economy has a silver lining...

The stereo is the 6 disc changer and when I insert discs it can tell the difference between DVDs and CDRs.

My only issue after 2k miles - I am unable to play DVD-Rs burnt on my computer (Vista - MS burning software). I've tried all the settings to no avail and used two different DVD manufacturers.

Any advice?

Thanks!

08JGCOilBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
SirGCal

Try +R media? But it might just not play burnt material. OR even try DIFFERENT media. It might not like the brand you choose. The Jeep radios are known to be very picky of the burnt media they will play from and even how it's burnt.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
spidaso
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Also try burning at slowest speed possible.
spidaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
AlexGeorgakis
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidaso View Post
Also try burning at slowest speed possible.
X2 I've had the same issue before and solved it by burning at a slower speed.
Unread 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Not to hijack but on another similar note I discovered something that might help some people with disc issues.

I had a burned cd in my alpine and the cd was playing fine (it wasn't new, I've played it from beginning to start in intervals before). Parked the Jeep went to work, it was a sunny day and when I got back in the JP was hot as hell and the cd was all weird. Sounded "far away" and garbled. I decided to try to store bought cd before panicking and it worked fine. I checked for scratches and put the burned back in and the same thing. I didn't think about it much, and made a new copy of the CD (it was an itunes playlist).

Maybe a month went by, then it happened in the alpine h/u in my evo. (for reference the 2 cds were burned on different computers, different songs). I investigated harder this time and what I realized was the same thing had happened, hot car, burned cd left in the unit. What I noticed was I had used a CD label. After further inspection I could see the label had lifted (probably in the heat) and pulled away some of the foil.

Now I'm sticking to good old sharpie for my labelling. I haven't had any more issues.
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.