Brakes Lights Out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Brakes Lights Out

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Hillbilly61

Brakes Lights Out

Still trying to resolve why my lower brake lights will not work (everything else does). The center works OK. This is for an '09 Liberty KK. Here's what has been tried so far:

* Bulbs and fuses checked & are OK. Even bought some new ones and swapped them in. No dice.

* The plugs to the rear light assy were checked with a multimeter and power is present. All I can say, is boy that is a weird setup! Of the six pins, the common ground was found and of the others, some go from high to low or low to high voltage or just drop out altogether - depending upon what is being done... like if the vehicle is in park or not, put into reverse, etc.

* The brake pedal switch was swapped out today. No dice. A new thing was noticed by doing this:

If the vehicle is in park, I can now hear a distinct clicking sound in the dash. If taken out of park and put into drive, the click goes away.

Any thoughts as to what to check out next?

Hillbilly61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.