brake light problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > brake light problem

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
vandep

brake light problem

I have a 2003 Grand Cherokee. 4.0L 6 Cylinder...whenever i press the brake pedal the driver side brake light turns off. The passanger brake light illuminates like it is supposed to. This only happens when the headlights are switched on. as soon as i turn the headlights off my brake lights work normal. I replaced the bulb and the socket for the brake light. I have no idea what is causing this. has anyone had this problem before?

Last edited by vandep; 11-17-2010 at 09:48 PM..
vandep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
jbacorn6
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not an expert at all, but it could be a bad ground or wires crossing each other.
jbacorn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Jgosses
2004 WJ 

I have this identical problem on my sons '04 GC - what did you do to fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandep View Post
I have a 2003 Grand Cherokee. 4.0L 6 Cylinder...whenever i press the brake pedal the driver side brake light turns off. The passanger brake light illuminates like it is supposed to. This only happens when the headlights are switched on. as soon as i turn the headlights off my brake lights work normal. I replaced the bulb and the socket for the brake light. I have no idea what is causing this. has anyone had this problem before?
Jgosses is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.