brake light issues 1999 grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > brake light issues 1999 grand cherokee

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
skipper8922
1999 FSJ Cherokee 

brake light issues 1999 grand cherokee

I have done beyond extensive reading regarding this issue! let me describe the problem in order which they occured! my jeep is 1999 grand cherokee limited. I have a bunch of issues such as
1. the driver side window rolls down about 1/4 of the way and stops, i have to click the window about 5 times to roll it down and up.
2. headlights flash randomly at night causing me to go through a lot of batteries
3. BIGGEST PROBLEM BELOW!!

My brake light has been out ONLY when the headlights are on ( rear passenger). So i tried replacing the bulb and that didnt work. I checked all connections and lifted the prongs to make better contact, i even tried tinfoil. I read somewhere the disconnecting the battery over night could solve the issue so i tried that as well, that didnt work.

I connected the other tail light assembly ( left) to the right assembly and plugged it in and it worked fine. At this point I thought the problem HAD to be with a corroded light assembly. So i purchased a new assembly off ebay which was brand new (without) bulbs and sockets. I put the bulbs in today and installed the assembly. When i tested it, no brake light worked on EITHER side. completely no brake lights at all. I tried moving the sockets and bulbs around and nothing works. I am actually worse off now that i replaced the tail light assembly!!! blinkers still work. I also noticed that my dash was very dim tonight which is usually not the case.

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP, READ TOO MANY HORROR STORIES ABOUT DEALERSHIPS RIPPING OFF JEEP OWNERS AND PROBLEM NOT GETTING FIXED!!

skipper8922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
RookLegion
1999 WJ 

I see it's been a couple of years on this, but my 99 Grand Cherokee seems to be doing some similar things and I was wondering if you ever found the cause.

1) Driver's window on auto-down, goes for a bit then stops and have to hit it a few times to get it going again.

2) haven't noticed the lights going on at night, but battery drains completely if left sitting for more than one day

3) passenger-side brake light does not work when lights are on, however, does work when lights are off, but when lights are off the driver side brake light does not work, but works when the lights are on.

It also likes to stall randomly and throw a code for the crank sensor and the blower motor has failed repeatedly

have taken it in for an electrical diagnosis and and was told that the blower shouldn't be used until it's replaced... so not helpful.
RookLegion is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.