box design?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > box design??

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 11-13-2001, 02:14 AM   #16
eltj

The only way your going to get 4 12 in that thing and still have a back seat is to fiber glass the enclose. You also cant just through woofers facing down as far as you can because the sound waves will bounce from the floor back to the speaker and cancel each other out. In turn it sound like crap. The rule of thumb is at least 3" from the floor and preferably angled upward if possible. Go with a small enclosure sub and not those fat suround subs. Those subs are not any louder than a conventional sub they just look cool. With the right amp and 3 Kicker 10" solobaric square subs it will fit behind the seat and be as loud as 4 12's with the right box and power.

eltj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2001, 05:51 PM   #17
mytjnamedrex

ok so reality sets in..... how about 3 downfiring 10's in the back? Or 2 firing down and one forward? If you want bass what would be the best set up that is econiomical??.....
Unread 12-10-2001, 08:40 PM   #18
my litte red yj

well i must put my 2 cent's in i am running 2 10" sub's plus 1 box in the rear behind seat(lost all space back there) 2 6x9 speaker 3 way mounted on rear fender wheel's 2 4x6 2 way's in the dash 200 watt amp for sub's and 6x9's sound great i am looking to get some tweeter's next month!! when summer comes i remove my 2 6x9's and put them behind the seat when i have my rear cover it will be one big bass drum
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.