Blower on Defrost only and Cruise on Fritz - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Blower on Defrost only and Cruise on Fritz

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
evillama
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Blower on Defrost only and Cruise on Fritz

2003 Ruby. Pulled the fuse panel off to the side to change my battery yesterday.

All of a sudden today no matter what I set my ac/heater to, it's only blowing out the defrost vents.

Also, my cruise control won't set a speed and stay on it.

Could I have damaged anything while changing the battery? Blew a specific fuse?

It's been raining non-stop here in the NYC area and my vehicle's constantly outside so I don't know if it could've been water damaged or over humidified?

Any help appreciated!

ENV

evillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
ajmorell

Sounds like you have a vacuum line that isn't connected somewhere.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
evillama
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, that was it. One hose popped out of the driver's side of the intake manifold.

I tested the ac/heater blower and it works fine. Will have to drive it out on the road tomorrow and test the cruise control.

ENV
evillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I absolutely freakin love JeepForum. I was driving down the road today and it was a bit warm, so I wanted the vents to blow on my upper body. Trouble was, it was only blowing out the defrost vent no matter what setting I selected. Came home and checked my Chilton manual, which was useless in this case. So off to JeepForum I head. One quick search, and I hit a bunch of threads regarding this same issue. Sure enough, my problem was the same as the the user above. Pushed the vacuum line back on and all is well. Thanks JeepForum!!!!!!!

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Happened to me more than once.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsmandan View Post
Happened to me more than once.
Mine is pretty loose. I know the vacuum should hold it on while the engine is running, but I may secure it with a zip tie and then replace it with new when I can get one.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.