battery and computer issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > battery and computer issue

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #1
bond

battery and computer issue

Hi I have been having problems with a drain on the battery which as yet I have been unable to find the cause of and so have been disconnecting the battery. I have noticed the transmission occassionally slips in low gears and the engine is sounding rough on start up. I was just wondering if this could be due to me disconnecting the battery and upsetting the computer and also will this cause damage if I keep doing this? thanks

bond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
dmwade05

I have the same trouble with the battery drainage.. I dont know if this will help.. but we found that all the accessories were staying on at all times.. we haven't been able to fix the problem yet.. we replaced the ignition switch and checked the wires in the driver door jam. Am going to check the body control module next and if that doesn't work then the only other option that I know of is to check my driver and passenger door module. Like I said I dont know if this will help or not. But wanted to sure share what I had found, and if I find out the solution I will definitely let you know!
dmwade05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.