AUX Stereo Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > AUX Stereo Help

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 10-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
dorschrm
2008 XJ Cherokee 

AUX Stereo Help

Guy I have a nagging problem; the head of my AUX cord broke and is lodged deep in my 08 Cherokee radio input.

I've tried numerous methods, tweezers, sewing pin etc. Came extremely close, but now I'm in deep and it's stuck in there. I even took off the center housing and tried to see if i could look in there. Conservatively gave up before I brought on collateral damage.

I called 4 people in the Miami area. Dealers tell me they need to replace the stereo ($600+, not worth it). Local electronics shop is telling me they need 4 days to do it (and I'm sure they will take me to the bank).

Anyone had success doing this themselves? (i.e. If i do remove the stereo and go the distance, will i find it with normal tools).

OR, do you know anyone in the Miami area that can help?

If you can solve the problem, I'll buy you a beer.

dorschrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Is this the oem unit? Do you have a pic of what exactly you're working with? It might be possible take it out of the dash and work at a bench with good lighting...it's probably what the shop was going to do.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.