Anyone add an amplifier to your CB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Anyone add an amplifier to your CB?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-07-2002, 03:14 PM   #1
Jeep-Ne-Time

Anyone add an amplifier to your CB?

How do you pump up the juice on the transmit and recieve of your CB....anyone know of a place to get a linear amplifier? Has anyonme done anything or have any ideas on the subject?
Mark

2001 Tj, Yellow Sport, 5 speed,
4.5" RE super-flex, 1" body and motor lift,
33x12.5x15 Super Swamper SSR's
on Black Rock Crawlers,
Locked front and rear
Cobra CB, and NO CHROME!!!!!
Jeep-Ne-Time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2002, 05:34 PM   #2
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

There is a site called Export Radio, not sure of the address, but they have what you want.

It is better not to touch your CB when adding an amp, depending on the amp and how much you want to put out then the output of the CB needs to be low... into the amp that is.

Just a quick question, why do you want an amp for the CB; do you let the next vehixle on the trail get too far away so you can't talk to them with the standard 4 watts?

There is always HAM Radio, easier to get a license now.

Good Luck on your quest...

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2002, 10:51 PM   #3
Dude236

i bet hes talking about powering up his PA so he can yell absurd things to people on the side of the road even louder. if you are looking for that then try to find a larger horn that can take more power first
Dude236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2002, 03:59 AM   #4
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

Dude236,
U maybe right.

Jeep-Ne-Time, what are U looking 4?

1) An amp to increase the radio frequency output ?

or

2) An amp to increase the PA volumn ?

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2002, 09:45 PM   #5
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

watch your power...

If you amp for frequency boost... watch your power... its unlikely but if you get busted for running to much its a HEAVY fine... I know there is a limit on watts... i cant remember what it is at the moment... but i dont think you can go much higher -- legally... But i know it used to be cool when our s-10 was amped.... you could pull up to a mickey D's speaker and key down... it would screw everything up for them.
Full Page Club member #004
Green Jeep Club Member #005

Last edited by Jeepfreak81; 10-10-2002 at 09:51 PM..
Jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:24 AM   #6
Jeep-Ne-Time

Well I was looking to get more distance out of my cb....just looking for fun. I saw the price of linear amps and thats more than I want to spend and after reading I really dont want trouble with the fcc....This is my first cb ever! I think I will go for a cool PA system so I can let the Hondas of the world know just what I think....
Mark

2001 Tj, Yellow Sport, 5 speed,
4.5" RE super-flex, 1" body and motor lift,
33x12.5x15 Super Swamper SSR's
on Black Rock Crawlers,
Locked front and rear
Cobra CB, and NO CHROME!!!!!
Jeep-Ne-Time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:33 AM   #7
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeep-Ne-Time
Well I was looking to get more distance out of my cb....just looking for fun. I saw the price of linear amps and thats more than I want to spend and after reading I really dont want trouble with the fcc....This is my first cb ever! I think I will go for a cool PA system so I can let the Hondas of the world know just what I think....
Mark
you can amp it... just watch your wattage... and (from experience) they probably won't mess with you anyway unless your bleeding out every channel... which is possible i won't say how i know that hee hee... PAs are cool... especially when tied to a musical horn you can drive around playing yankee doodle and kids run out... look around and see a jeep -- ice cream!!!
Unread 10-11-2002, 04:07 PM   #8
Dude236

yankee doodle? dont you mean the entertainer, we played the ice cream man sing in dead stop traffic on the way to wheeling in 3 trucks and it was so hilarious
Dude236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2002, 10:15 PM   #9
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Dude236
yankee doodle? dont you mean the entertainer, we played the ice cream man sing in dead stop traffic on the way to wheeling in 3 trucks and it was so hilarious
The ones around here play yankee doodle... its called "yankee doodle ice cream co..."
Unread 10-17-2002, 06:29 PM   #10
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

Try www.pinklightning.com they have all kinds of linears to choose from. You might want to stay in the less than 500 watt range or your charging system will suffer. Have your CB set up for a 2 watt dead key and everything will be fine. As far as how legal it is, it's not legal to go over 4 watts maximum power but if your not making a jacka$$ of yourself on the air you can have alot of fun with these things Just make sure your CB and antenna are a decent quality.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.