Anybody want more bass in their tj? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Anybody want more bass in their tj?

Bestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

frenchy, that looks to be the same as I want to do. Looks good Is that the SSV Works enclosure? What did you pay for it and how is it (thickness, quality, and holes for plugs etc?)
Thanks

Unread 11-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #32
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus
frenchy, that looks to be the same as I want to do. Looks good Is that the SSV Works enclosure? What did you pay for it and how is it (thickness, quality, and holes for plugs etc?)
Thanks
That is the SSV Works enclosure. I think they have it advertised for around $250, give or take a little. I paid for mine over a month ago, while out of town, so I don't remember exactly.

The quality is great. A very solid made fiberglass box. It fit very nicely. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "holes for plugs". It didn't have built in terminals for the speaker wire, which was the only negative I could find. It really wasn't an issue. I just drilled a small hole and ran the wires. I used silicone and some dynamat to seal it up.

No regrets. Very good quality bass.

If there are others who are interested in the box, maybe I can get you a deal by speaking with them directly. Let me know.
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #33
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I actually emailed them the other day, just waiting on a price etc.
Its a lot of money for an enclosure, so good to see a positive review.
Unread 11-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #34
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Send me a pm with your name, and I'll call and talk to the guy I was dealing with there. I think he's one of the owners. I might be able to get you a discount.
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #35
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

They emailed me back. It's looking like it will be a bit less than $300 all in for this enclosure (shipping is a pita to up here for some reason, plus I may get nailed for duties and taxes on top of it )
Unread 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #36
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Where are you located? I'm using mobile app and can't see your profile.
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #37
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

They emailed today and said $275 shipped to me in Ontario, Canada. I wonder if duties and taxes will get tacked on top

I'll have to think about this a lil, I wasn't plannig on spending more than $500 on the stero stuff.
Unread 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #38
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That seems pretty fair. I know the cost to ship internationally is higher. What else are you planning on doing for audio?
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #39
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I hate shipping junk across the border, always overpriced! This enclosure would sell like crazy I'd think if it was cheaper, its a bit pricey imho.

I got the Jeep like this. I wanted to replace this sub as mine is blown, it sounds like the LR pod speaker is blown too.

We were thinking of doing this SSV sub encl, replacing the front speakers with 5.25"s, new 5.25"s in the pods to of course. I'd leave the pod stuff hooked to the factory deck though, and run an amp the fronts and sub. The rear would be minor rear fill then and not screw up the soundstage hopefully as they are so close to our head.
...It sounds good in theory we hope

Why did you choose a 2ohm sub btw? Are you running one amp or two? What did you do for the fronts and pods on your setup?
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #40
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So, I kept all the original speakers. They really don't sound bad. I think they lack on the treble, but still not bad. I replaced the factory deck with a Pioneer cd, mp3, HD radio, etc. I have a 500 watt Arc Audio amp which puts out @ 2 ohm. I got a 2 ohm sub to match the amp.

Using the hpf (high pass filter) on the pioneer deck eliminates the low bass from the main speakers. The sub does all the bass.
Unread 12-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #41
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The SSV enclosure showed up today, but they shipped it via UPS when I asked a few times for them to ship USPS So now UPS wants $95 extra on top of the shipping for it. No way! SSV basically said sorry for the miscommunication, but to bad
What ever happened to free-trade??!!
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #42
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is that because of Canadian tariffs?
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #43
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

UPS brokerage fees... could have been avoided if SSV had shipped they way I asked and I had thought they ok'd.
Tax is no problem, I'd pay that with either, but if It had been shipped USPS like I asked a few times, it would have only been ~$30. Less than 1/3 the price!
Unread 12-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #44
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks man. I think once you install it, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Have you picked out a sub yet? I've had mine installed for several weeks now, and the sound is amazing.
Unread 12-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #45
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nope, no sub picked out yet. We were thinking a Kicker CVT10 but it looks to be to deep for this enclosure.
UPS guy just tried redelivery, so I caved and paid it and will talk with SSV about it. I really don't feel like building my own enclosure in this weather.

Did yours come with a ton of loose fiberglass strands and stuff inside? It looks great outside, but the finish inside is pretty messy with crap hanging off all over...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.