Any reason to order TJ w/ 7 speakers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Any reason to order TJ w/ 7 speakers?

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 10-30-2002, 05:56 AM   #1
derby

Any reason to order TJ w/ 7 speakers?

OK, I'm ordering my TJ sometime this week and want to know if I should drop the 7 spk from my order. Is it worth it or am I just going to want to go aftermarket right away? I'm already taking the mp3 headunit from my truck to drop in so I'm mainly just concerned about the speakers+sub.

derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2002, 06:55 AM   #2
KnightFire
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Don't waste your money.
Go aftermarket immediately and you will probably end up saving money in the long run!!! Depending on how expensive your aftermarket tastes are.

I ALWAYS go aftermarket on vehicles...and usually either end up spending about the same as I would have with the dealer for their "premium system" or actually saving some $$$.

Just my .02

KnightFire
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Titanium Metallic 4.7L 4x4
KnightFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2002, 08:17 AM   #3
ldogg

listen to KnightFire!!

DO NOT get the Jeep system... order your TJ with the cheapest stereo equipment possible and yank it all out... that sub they put in there now sounds terrible.. a friend of mine just got his new Jeep 2 weeks ago and we went for a spin... that sound system is disappointing considering you've got a sub right next to you and it does nothing..
ldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2002, 09:40 AM   #4
derby

well that pretty much seals it for me.

so aside from my head unit, what would you recommend a drop in place of the stock *cough* speakers *cough*?

Unread 10-30-2002, 10:08 AM   #5
ldogg

Quote:
Originally posted by derby
well that pretty much seals it for me.

so aside from my head unit, what would you recommend a drop in place of the stock *cough* speakers *cough*?

well.. as I don't have a Jeep yet.. but I do know about stereos... I'd recommend changing all the speakers... the stock speakers will be terrible with a more powerful headunit... but it seems you know this...

SO... if you have a soundbar then replace those crappy Jensens with some good 5 1/4s... MB Quart or Infinity Kappas... something... you can probably just put a 2-way in there... if your Jeep doesn't have a soundbar then there are some available as aftermarket parts that seem better than the stock one... I'll find the link in a second.. otherwise you can research the possibility of putting 6 1/2s in the soundbar...

as for the dash... check a couple threads below.. a company makes a braket that allows you to put a 5 1/4 speaker in place of the 4x6... that should be great for the front.. unless you again want to go with components in which case the 5 1/4 would go in the bracket and you'd have to mount the tweeter on the dash...

I'll find those links in a second..
Unread 10-30-2002, 10:18 AM   #6
ldogg

http://www.offroadtoystore.com

they've got a bunch of stuff...

I've thought about getting some of those pods that go over the rear wheel well.. but no one has mentioned if they sound ok..
Unread 10-30-2002, 10:19 AM   #7
derby

Don't all the '03+ come with soundbars / overhead speaker pods?
Unread 10-30-2002, 10:32 AM   #8
ldogg

Quote:
Originally posted by derby
Don't all the '03+ come with soundbars / overhead speaker pods?
???????????????????
no clue

I'm pretty sure you can get the base model without one... but then you're missing out an alot of the other goodies..
Unread 10-30-2002, 10:57 AM   #9
derby

Well, I'm definately getting a Sport.

You CAN get an SE w/o the speaker pods, but I dont' think that will be a very popular dealer configuration. It looks like all the others have the speaker pods as standard.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.