antenna weak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > antenna weak

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 04-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

antenna weak

the factory antenna on my wrangler isnt picking up an stations on scan and when i do a manual search its super noisy on the one station i get how do i get my radio to pick up more stations because its sad right now. THanks

also seeking a soundbar and gps.
lilbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
SirGCal

plug in the antenna. One plug at the back of the radio, and another one behind the glovebox that can come lose.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
LimitedHemi
2012 JK Wrangler 

2nd SirGCal- theres an extension that runs from the antenna to the back of the glove box, and then from there to the radio, they can easily come unplugged at one of the those points when removing the radio.
LimitedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ok ill look i had the radio installed at best buy so i was hopeing they would do it right thanks
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
Knocky
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluetj View Post
ok ill look i had the radio installed at best buy so i was hopeing they would do it right thanks

Ask Chrysler why they installed the antenna line in pieces then.
Knocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

lol ok ill get on that
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so i checked in the glove box and the needle type extension i think you guys are talking about is pluged in. So what do i do know also my speakers i bought dont fit the size of the hole does anyone have the brace or braket so you can put 4x6's in the dash?
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
SirGCal

You have to have a bracket to install them. That's why I always recommend going to 5.25" speakers anyhow since you have to get the bracket. You get a lot better sound out of the larger round driver than the tiny oval...

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ok these are arnt ovals i have 4x6 infinity component style cones on the same thing i just need the bracket.

Last edited by lilbluetj; 05-04-2009 at 10:43 PM..
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
SirGCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluetj View Post
ok these are arnt ovals i have 4x6 infinity component style cones on the same thing i just need the bracket.
Same result. Tiny no mids 4" speaker. Same result though. Need brackets either way.

Quote:
Unread 05-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

really so the round 5.25 just fit in the dash spot with no mod ill look into this
Unread 05-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #12
SirGCal

on some model TJs, you have to use tin snips or something to remove a useless metal brace in the dash for clearence (pictures 2 & 3: http://www.sirgcal.com/2ktj/pics.html?section=dash), in later TJs, the brace is not there. Adapters can be bought or made, there are templates everywhere.

Quote:
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #13
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

could you make me pair of brackets like that? so the only mod to the jeep is removing the bar.
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
SirGCal

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photohy...91683/sizes/o/

Or you can buy some. There are some good plastic ones out there and 33 eng makes a set for the dash. I'm sure someone will post links somewhere or do a search. They are posted up here about once a week.

Quote:
Unread 05-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
lilbluetj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ok sweet thanks i will get around to getting those in ill get back to you guys. also the ball on top of my antena is gone could that lead to a loss in singnal strength

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.