Another "Help me with my CB" thread - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
-OlllllO-
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Another "Help me with my CB" thread

I just installed yesterday a Galaxy 979 (on my cage) and a four foot Fire Stick on a Teraflex tail light mount.

First of all, how easy is the SWR adjustment? I ask because I got 1.1 out of the box and even extending the tip out an inch it only went to 2.0. I can adjust the tip anywhere within about 3/4 of an inch and get 1.1. Seems waaaay too easy and too good of a reading, so I must be doing something wrong. ???

Secondly, yesterday I checked every channell for about 30 minutes and only heard a half of a garbled conversation on one channel (19). I radio checked on about 10 channels with no response. I got the same results today while messing with it for about an hour.

Im about 3 miles from the I15 in Lake Elsinore, Ca. Shouldn't some truckers be chatting? HELP!

1998 TJ, 4.0L, AX-15, Dana 44's front & rear, Air lockers, 4.88, RE 3.5, Bilstein shocks, Champion Beadlocks & 33x12.50 KM2's, ROKMEN Sliders, Rock Hard Cage, Riddler Cover, Galaxy 979 CB
aka: The Red Heep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 08:05 AM
GlennA
2008 JK Wrangler 

I haven't been to Cali since 2000, but I think the truckers use either 17 or 21 along I15. You may want to verify your swr reading with another meter.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
LUGGNUTT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you are getting a 1.1 then keep it, A few years back I had a stock cobra 29 with dual anntenas This other driver sees me messin with the right one(this is a semi) and asked me if I wanted to buy two brand new wilson 2000's for $20 bucks I said heck ya! so we hooked them up and I instantly got no SWR reading( no tuning req. ) savor it , It's not to often you get that lucky. It just means that your connections/ground/match between the coax and antenna or good. and yes in cali. they use CH 17 the most.

Where are all the flashbacks I was promised.
My Jeep sometimes creates feelings in others that they themselves don't understand.

CJCM #260

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-30-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
-OlllllO-
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I'm just unlucky that I couldn't raise anyone the last two nights? Im hitting the trails tomorrow and I just want to make sure I have the CB working. I don't know anyone local with one that I can test it out with either. Thanks for the feedback.

1998 TJ, 4.0L, AX-15, Dana 44's front & rear, Air lockers, 4.88, RE 3.5, Bilstein shocks, Champion Beadlocks & 33x12.50 KM2's, ROKMEN Sliders, Rock Hard Cage, Riddler Cover, Galaxy 979 CB
aka: The Red Heep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.