Another "Help me with my CB" thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Another "Help me with my CB" thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 01-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
-OlllllO-
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Another "Help me with my CB" thread

I just installed yesterday a Galaxy 979 (on my cage) and a four foot Fire Stick on a Teraflex tail light mount.

First of all, how easy is the SWR adjustment? I ask because I got 1.1 out of the box and even extending the tip out an inch it only went to 2.0. I can adjust the tip anywhere within about 3/4 of an inch and get 1.1. Seems waaaay too easy and too good of a reading, so I must be doing something wrong. ???

Secondly, yesterday I checked every channell for about 30 minutes and only heard a half of a garbled conversation on one channel (19). I radio checked on about 10 channels with no response. I got the same results today while messing with it for about an hour.

Im about 3 miles from the I15 in Lake Elsinore, Ca. Shouldn't some truckers be chatting? HELP!

Unread 01-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
GlennA
2008 JK Wrangler 

I haven't been to Cali since 2000, but I think the truckers use either 17 or 21 along I15. You may want to verify your swr reading with another meter.
GlennA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

If you are getting a 1.1 then keep it, A few years back I had a stock cobra 29 with dual anntenas This other driver sees me messin with the right one(this is a semi) and asked me if I wanted to buy two brand new wilson 2000's for $20 bucks I said heck ya! so we hooked them up and I instantly got no SWR reading( no tuning req. ) savor it , It's not to often you get that lucky. It just means that your connections/ground/match between the coax and antenna or good. and yes in cali. they use CH 17 the most.

CJCM #260

www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com
LUGGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
-OlllllO-
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I'm just unlucky that I couldn't raise anyone the last two nights? Im hitting the trails tomorrow and I just want to make sure I have the CB working. I don't know anyone local with one that I can test it out with either. Thanks for the feedback.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.