Another "Help me with my CB" thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Another "Help me with my CB" thread

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 01-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
-OlllllO-
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Another "Help me with my CB" thread

I just installed yesterday a Galaxy 979 (on my cage) and a four foot Fire Stick on a Teraflex tail light mount.

First of all, how easy is the SWR adjustment? I ask because I got 1.1 out of the box and even extending the tip out an inch it only went to 2.0. I can adjust the tip anywhere within about 3/4 of an inch and get 1.1. Seems waaaay too easy and too good of a reading, so I must be doing something wrong. ???

Secondly, yesterday I checked every channell for about 30 minutes and only heard a half of a garbled conversation on one channel (19). I radio checked on about 10 channels with no response. I got the same results today while messing with it for about an hour.

Im about 3 miles from the I15 in Lake Elsinore, Ca. Shouldn't some truckers be chatting? HELP!

Unread 01-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
GlennA
2008 JK Wrangler 

I haven't been to Cali since 2000, but I think the truckers use either 17 or 21 along I15. You may want to verify your swr reading with another meter.
GlennA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
LUGGNUTT
1989 XJ Cherokee 

If you are getting a 1.1 then keep it, A few years back I had a stock cobra 29 with dual anntenas This other driver sees me messin with the right one(this is a semi) and asked me if I wanted to buy two brand new wilson 2000's for $20 bucks I said heck ya! so we hooked them up and I instantly got no SWR reading( no tuning req. ) savor it , It's not to often you get that lucky. It just means that your connections/ground/match between the coax and antenna or good. and yes in cali. they use CH 17 the most.

CJCM #260

www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com
LUGGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
-OlllllO-
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I'm just unlucky that I couldn't raise anyone the last two nights? Im hitting the trails tomorrow and I just want to make sure I have the CB working. I don't know anyone local with one that I can test it out with either. Thanks for the feedback.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.