Amplified Stock Speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Amplified Stock Speakers

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Amplified Stock Speakers

Hello All,

Today I am going to install my Alpine Power Pack into my JK which has stock speakers and an external amplified 10" sub. The power pack is suppose to increase your head unit output from ~12 watts RMS to ~45 watts RMS. my speakers are suppose to come in next week.

Do you think I should wait to install the power pack with the speakers? I know this power should blow the stock speakers if I turn it up. As long as I stay conservative with my volume adjusment do you think my speakers will last another week or so?

Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Jonathanjr1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Do it the worst you can do is blow your factory speakers. You might want to look into up grading the speaker wire and run another power wire from the battery
Jonathanjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes, thats exactly what im thinking. Idc if i ruin the stock speakers, Ill have new speakers in at the end of the week that will easily be able to handle the extra watts.

I have heard mixed opinions on upgrading the speaker wire. From what i have read on audio forums, as long as i dont go any higher RMS wattage the stock wireing should be able to handle the power.
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

speaker wire is not worth the time to upgrade for this type of install.

as for power it would not be a bad idea to run some 12g to the battery for the power(not the keyed power that is from the head) mostly for clean power not more power.
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcat400 View Post
speaker wire is not worth the time to upgrade for this type of install.
Unless you're running an audiophile speaker and high powered amp but in this case, you're right, not worth the effort. The stock speakers should handle the powerpack just fine unless they were already damaged somehow beforehand.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.