Amp recommendations Please!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Amp recommendations Please!!!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-22-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
isezumi00

Amp recommendations Please!!!

Here is the fun part...

I'm looking for 2 small foot print Amps, 2 Channel (each) and @4 ohms can run about 50-70w RMS and around 100w RMS respectively.

Most importantly they must be Budget Conscious (aka CHEAP).

I know this sounds like a tall order...but I would like to be able to stealth these so as to minimize "appeal", and Ive seen you guys provide some good advice previously.

Thanks!!!

isezumi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 12:10 AM   #2
GenXSlkr

If small foot print is what you are looking for why dont you look into a 4 channel 200-280RMS It would probably take up less space.
If 2 channel is what you are set on then model year 2000ish rockford fosgate punch 160a2 amps are small if you dont mount the pretty covers. They run 2x40rms @4ohms and that is underated. I was running two 10s off it at 2ohms and it was putting out more power than I liked (too rice sounding) I had to crank the gain down.

Check out ebay

I will look around for some more ideas

Edit: or this four channel punch 200a4
02 TJ sport, Teraflex 3", 33X12.5, 4.0, 5spd.,D30/D44 4:56 w/rear detroit
[URL=http://joshua-orv.hostrocket.com/fc_pic80.jpg]FACE[/URL]
[URL=http://www.project-mayhem.ndo.co.uk/11-%20clever_wav.wav]Voice[/URL]

Last edited by GenXSlkr; 09-23-2003 at 12:25 AM..
GenXSlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM   #3
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

RF are nice, I used to be all about RF and Alpine, well I still am. Recently I got a sony amp just cause it was cheap and to my suprise it actually works very well. Better than my Kenwood and Pioneer ever wood be. If you got the money go for the RF, but if not, try Sony. You can get them at Sears and if there is anything wrong with them down the road, you can get them replaced for free, no Q's asked.

Matt
Unread 09-23-2003, 11:04 AM   #4
Doc Holiday
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just got the following amp and am very impressed with it. It's nice and small. Granted I only have it running a 6 inch sub but I have no doubt it would push a 8 or 10 inch.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd..._ID=6404&DID=7
Doc Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2003, 12:18 PM   #5
SirGCal

Small Footprint...

If your looking for the smallest footprint amp you can get at a reasonable price, check out the Blaupunkt amps. The T Class amp is a very high quality and physicaly smalll unit. They also run cool so they can be mounted in more locations without the threat of overheating. They have 2 and 4 channel models but the 4 channel seems to be the hard one to locate. Crutchfield carries their 2 channels.

They come on a plastic 'body' sort of which can be removed. The amp itself is very small.

Lanzar also has some small amps but the price is up there.

Audiobahn also has some very nice, very high power units available in a nice price range, espically for their performance, though they are harder to find lately...

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.