Ammo box speakers. Where's the thread? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Ammo box speakers. Where's the thread?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 06-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
patduke90
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ammo box speakers. Where's the thread?

I hate to make a thread about this, but where is the thread with the ammo box speakers? Somebody had a pretty detailed writeup and I can't find the link.

patduke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
mylt1

IDK the thread your talking about but unless there was a box inserted inside the ammo box its gonna sound like crap. guess you could use some kind of bed liner but it would have to be thick.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
mylt1

actually if you look at the bottom of this post there are links to threads with a similar nature. there are a couple posted there with pics.
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
patduke90
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ha I noticed that right after I posted the thread. The sound is my main concern right now though. I think if I insulate it properly then there shouldn't be much of a problem.
patduke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
mylt1

in a soft top/no top wrangler either you wouldnt notice if because of wind/road noise or it would saund like crap because you would have to have the vol up so loud to hear it. i would build a box that fits inside the can then it wouldnt matter.
Unread 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
SirGCal

Ya, basically, it's a poor idea. But it can be done... Dynamat or some other type of insulation for the metal will be critical.. Best option would be to create a box within the box ALSO (still need the insulator for the metal) to get that air-tight seal that full-range speakers need (unless designing a full-range vented design, which is a real pain in the behind...).

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #7
Jeep-1995
1995 YJ Wrangler 

my write up is in my signature

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.