AM / FM Stereo radio conversation to AM /FM / CB radio / wiring questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > AM / FM Stereo radio conversation to AM /FM / CB radio / wiring questions

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

AM / FM Stereo radio conversation to AM /FM / CB radio / wiring questions

Ok, I have looked closer and the only plug that is different (other than the CB antenna and Mike cord appears to be the power cord.

I have reviewed the wiring diagram for the 1984 CJ-7 and the only radios on the diagram are the AM / FM, and the AM / FM / Cassette radios.

Was the CB radio offered in 84?

The power cord for the AM / FM / CB has three wires, Brown with a fuse, orange, and black. The plug that plugs into the power wires only has two wires out, the orange and brown. Iím thinking the brown is power as it has a fuse and the orange might be dash lights.

The radio I have is complete with the matching transformer for the AM / FM / CB antennas, and also the mike.

So to install I need to know;

1) The power wires (orange dash lights, brown to power????)

2) Original location of the mike jack on the dash.

Pictures of the radio in the dash with the mike jack location would be great.

Wiring diagram for the AM / FM / CB wiring would be great.

Advice would be great

dsc_0805.jpg   dsc_0806.jpg   radio-wire.jpg  

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.