Are Alpine Amps Any Good? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Are Alpine Amps Any Good?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-21-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
Dustin Maschino

Are Alpine Amps Any Good?

i have a friend that said he'd trade me a 1000 watt alpine amp for my 2 10" kickers, and im wantin to know if theyre any good...

Dustin Maschino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2002, 07:00 PM   #2
MdJEEP420

Alpine Amps are good only if they are fed clear signals..and kept free from moisture and dirt. Mine is under the backseat...Pushing 2 JL 10"'s. I have no problems and crystal clear sound...
I dotn think Alpine commands the prices they use to, I feel that alot of other Co.'s are putting out product as good or bettre for the money. Shop around before horse trading..and besides an AMP is always worth more than speakers..remember, you can have one without the other...and SUBS are a dime a dozen...
MdJEEP420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2002, 11:56 PM   #3
Josh

Alpine amps are good, but Rockfords are better, I recommend one of those, and a basic rule of thumb, figue $1/watt
Unread 03-23-2002, 10:19 AM   #4
MdJEEP420

If you buy a Fosgate AMP..take look inside the box and read the true output...I have sorted through numerous Fosgate boxes wich were labeled with 400watts..and read test sheets that displayed barely over 400watts. Any Amp should produce at least 20-50 watts above spec. Also, if your going to invest in a Fosgate amp..be aware of WARRANTY issues..make sure you get an exchange warranty at point of sale or a local facilty to do authorized repairs..Be ware that this amp will be sweet when it works and mother when its broken..ALPINE service is just as crappy. I recomend US AMPS..they are in Gainesville florida still I think and they are exceptionally well built for the money.
MdJEEP420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.