Alarm HELP!!!!!!!11 Wiring Diagrams? Other threads? Anything!!!11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Alarm HELP!!!!!!!11 Wiring Diagrams? Other threads? Anything!!!11

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 11-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
cdw_industry

Alarm HELP!!!!!!!11 Wiring Diagrams? Other threads? Anything!!!11

Well I bought this alarm system for my jeep because I only run this soft top all year around and I have a pretty nice sound system in it so I want to discourage thieves from stealing it. DISCOURAGE being the key word… because we all know that if they want it there going to get it haha.

So I bought this alarm system thinking it would be an easy job… but when I was going to get started on it I had no idea were to begin. So I ask anyone to please HELP with some directions that you might have seen on another thread or on the net. Maybe some wiring diagrams for a 1999 jeep wrangler, I have already tried myself and have had no luck.

Thanks C. Williams

cdw_industry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
masetj

Need more info, what type of alarm system? What features (motion, shock, audio sensors, ignition kill, etc.) does it have?
Unread 11-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
cdw_industry

I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler.... and the alarm i bought is just a universal jeep alarm that you find on online or on ebay. It has all those things... let me look for it on ebay....
Unread 11-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The factory service manual is a good place to start.

If you are investing in an alarm, you definitely want Viper.. and you definitely want a qualified installer installing it. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are doing. Messing with the Jeep's main wiring harness is dangerous, and could be very costly - not to mention that the warranty on the alarm is void unless a qualified shop installs it.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
Chris_Ryan
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
The factory service manual is a good place to start.

If you are investing in an alarm, you definitely want Viper.. and you definitely want a qualified installer installing it. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are doing. Messing with the Jeep's main wiring harness is dangerous, and could be very costly - not to mention that the warranty on the alarm is void unless a qualified shop installs it.

X2 on everything... I have done a lot of repair work on botched alarms... and I promise in the long run it will end up costing WAY more money than having it done right the first time...

For a viper alarm installed it should cost around $250 - 300... add more for additional options such as extra sirens, a spatial sensor, battery back up, ect...

This way you know it is done right and you will have a lifetime warranty.

EC4WDA Region D Schedule 2008
- Who says there is nowhere to run in New England and New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
Chris_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #6
cdw_industry

well thanks for the posts....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.