air bag light stays on - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > air bag light stays on

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #31
whyohwhy

Spare location

The "Spare" location I am referring to is in the front underhood fuse center. Under the box lid, there is a diagram of the fuses and relays. One is labeled "Spare".
Look for a yellow plastic piece over 2 red 10 amp fuses. Unsnap the plastic cover over the fuses . The piece has tabs on it. You squeeze the tabs and pull upward . It will unplug the fuses and they can be removed to check them. The yellow piece only comes up so far,and does not come out of the fuse block.

pwr-cntr-jeep1.jpg  
whyohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 08:52 AM   #32
gadogs

My fuse box under the hood looks nothing like that. I'm assuming that yellow plug is the one for the airbags. My yellow plug like that is under the steering wheel. I'll try and take a pic of my fuse box under the hood to show ya
gadogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #33
gadogs

im gonna add 3 pics... under the hood fuse box... under the dash fuse box... and the 2 cut wires to the right of the fuse box under the hood.
2014-01-31-10.54.38.jpg

2014-01-31-10.55.10.jpg

2014-01-31-10.55.27.jpg

Unread 01-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #34
whyohwhy

Oops, I have a commander! But the yellow piece is probably what you are looking for. Now the cut wires......In the center picture, you have a black wire separate from all the others running to a connection at the left kick panel. That looks like an aftermarket connection. There are 2 wires in that area and they look like the same color code as the cut wires.
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #35
gadogs

U talking about the wires on the left kick panel that connects to the piece where u hook up the scan tool? There close but not the same color. I'm not sure what they connect to but gonna look some more. Hopefully I can find where the go. Let me no if u have any more info. Thx for all ur help
Unread 01-31-2014, 06:42 PM   #36
gadogs

Man this is getting on my nerves... can't figure it out for nothing... gotta get it fixed so I can be legal. Not sure those cut wires are my prob but I'm thinking it is
Unread 02-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #37
gadogs

I seen on a website that the pink/black wire is battery ignition and the yellow wire is starter. Not sure if this is true or not since there both working. Can anyone verify this? And if this is what they are can I run the cut wires to the fuses in the fuse box or will I fry something? Thx in advance
Unread 02-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #38
gadogs

I've also seen where those 2 cut wires might be security wires so I dunno.... I don't think it even has an alarm system on it tho
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #39
whyohwhy

The Jeep Commander forum has an electrics section, and the wiring is similar. There could be some posts there which could help you.
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #40
gadogs

OK I will look and see thx
Unread 02-07-2014, 02:53 AM   #41
gadogs

Still no luck with my air bag if anymore suggestions
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #42
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

not sure on this srs system as it is the older. most systems once used the box that does the thinking must be replaced or sent in to have reset. the dealer will only replace it. other sub systems like the g load sensor is a 1 time thing as it breaks. This is IF it was in a wreck, bags deployed. was it?

you can get the crash data from the system IF it was used, meaning a wreck that IT deployed the airbag system.

if any wire to system or sensor is bad that light will light. any part missing ect....

more cars are totaled after a wreck because of the cost of repairing these system is on top of normal repairs. the newer the more these things cost. just say a front set of bags, dash, belts and related part can easily get onto the thousands. new cars have a set belt with a explosive charge too. once used its toast.
Unread 02-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #43
gadogs

U talking about the module prob needs to be reset?
Unread 02-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #44
gadogs

Prob solved finally. Didn't think it was the clock spring but that's what it ended up being. Just wanted to post back in case anyone else was going through this same problem. Thx for all the help and feed back
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #45
JeepCares

gadogs - thanks for coming back and posting
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.