AC thermostat issues? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > AC thermostat issues?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 06-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
nduro

AC thermostat issues?

New and interesting problem with my 2005 Grand Cherokee (5.7L Hemi)

If I set the temp on the ac all the way to it's lowest setting it blows cold air. However, if I move it to 68 degrees, or any other setting actually, it blows full on hot air.

The AC seems to work fine, it's just when you try to actually have it use the thermostat to keep a certain temp it no longer knows what to do.

The AC is not quite as cold as it should be, probably needs a charing of some sort, but that would not explain why anything other than the extreme coldest setting blows hot air.

I do not believe this is the issue where one side blows cold and one side blows hot but I will be double-checking that this evening.

Just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar and, if so, how you fixed it.

Thanks.

nduro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac , air conditioner , electrical , heat , thermostat

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.