'97 TJ Front Dash speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > '97 TJ Front Dash speakers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
JeeperBrad57
1997 TJ Wrangler 

'97 TJ Front Dash speakers

Hey Guys, i am looking to replace my crappy factory 4x6 speakers. I would like to fit in 5.25". Does anyone know if those will fit in their? Or even 6.5" maybe? Thanks

JeeperBrad57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The vendor that sells the adapters for 5.25 speakers posted in post #3 of my thread, just click on his link in his sig.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/6...-dash-1344542/
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would find a set of later TJ dash pods and put 4" speakers in. If the original speakers are still in them, they also come with a hi-pass filter as well.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsmandan View Post
I would find a set of later TJ dash pods and put 4" speakers in. If the original speakers are still in them, they also come with a hi-pass filter as well.
What is the benefit of replacing a 4"x6"s with a 4" speaker?

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

When I upgraded my speakers in my 2000, i used mounting plates for 5.25 and comparing those to the stock 4x6, the 5.25 speakers sounded better. When I went to do the same thing in my 2005, I found the sound was not as good as the pods because the adapter plates tend to hide the tweeter behind the dash. The 4" speakers in the pods sounded better because the tweeter was closer to the grille. It could have gone with components and mounted the tweeter on top of the dash with tweeter adapters but I didn't want to spend more for the component system and the tweeter mounts. I went with infinity because they had a 3db boost switch on the tweeter. I boosted the 4" in front and did not boost the 5.25 in the overhead pods. Also the infinity speakers have a rotating tweeter in the 5.25 and I aimed them toward the back to try to even out the sind front to back and I still have to fade the back speakers to keep the sound balanced.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
speaker replacements , speaker size , speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.