97 TJ Audio Build - with link to pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 97 TJ Audio Build - with link to pics

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
jhh

97 TJ Audio Build - with link to pics

This is my son's TJ and this "little" project was a Birthday present that we worked on together.
Started out just looking for a way to add some bass to his setup, and then after looking around on this forum found some ideas....and it just grew from there.
The project turned out great and sounds amazing.

The goal was to upgrade the system in a way that was not too obvious, but did not want to give up all of the storage space either.

Thanks again for all of the folks who post on here and provided ideas,
especially SirGCal for the in-seat sub design.
I did not include pics from the build of the sub box (there are many of those already out there) but I did link to a few from the rest of the build.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jhh.pica...eat=directlink

jhh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
TJsmiley
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That looks great! Just curious, you said it was already installed, but how did you mount the stereo head unit in the back? Mine wouldn't work with the stock hanger, so it's pretty much sitting up on a block of wood for now.
()_) ()_)--)_)
TJsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
jhh

Seems like I remember the head unit came with a strap and a stud in the rear to attach it. I bent the the strap slightly at the top and is wrapped around the dash, holding the rear of the unit in place.
jhh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
SirGCal

ya, you can bend the stock strap into submission (has to go passenger side some) but it's a bit of a pain. Can be done though. Or bolt on the aftermarket one and it's cake. Or just don't use it at all. (depends on the face piece you got but many of them hold it just peachy without the rear support).

Nice install btw.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
mxracer513
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i threw out my rear support bar thingy it's perfectly fine without it.
.=..^.-.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
KB3RDF ..... Yellow Jeep Club Member # 513
mxracer513 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like the cover for the amp...the storage area is still useful and your equipment is stealth.

Just make sure he turns the music down when pulling into a place he'll be parked a while. Even the most stealth system is sure to be found when it's "advertised"
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
kboyts
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good, clean stealthy install. Wish it was possible to do a in seat box like that on my xj.

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
kboyts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.