JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/)
-   -   4"x6" Speaker Replacement (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/4-x6-speaker-replacement-147019/)

MCanavan 03-19-2005 02:16 PM

4"x6" Speaker Replacement
 
I'm looking to get some new speakers for my 98 and I don't know if I should buy 4"x6" or 5 1/4" speakers. What are some good speakers for both of these sizes that don't cost too much money.

bluejeepguy 03-19-2005 02:23 PM

i would go with the 5 1/4's. they can be fit into the front dash with an adapter. their sound quality is much better than the 4x6's

MCanavan 03-19-2005 03:13 PM

Where can I find a 4x6 adapter to fit a 5 1/4"?

OverTheHandlebars 03-19-2005 03:18 PM

offroadtoystore.com

98TJSport 03-19-2005 03:41 PM

check ebay, i got some for 15 shipped to my door.

MCanavan 03-19-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98TJSport
check ebay, i got some for 15 shipped to my door.

I will I just need to narrow it down to about 3 speakers in 5 1/4".

MCanavan 03-19-2005 05:11 PM

Can someone help me?

98TJSport 03-19-2005 05:16 PM

how much money do you wanna spend?
for cheap i like the Sony Xplodes, and they have a plastic cone (i think thats what it is) so no damage done if it gets wet.

BillyTJ 03-19-2005 05:18 PM

i have the pioneer 5 1/4 up front and the same in the 6 1/2 in the sound bar big fan of them. rockford fostgate new punches speakers sound awesome i think little pricey though.

what are you looking for bass or more of a crisp sound, what brands are you currently looking at?

MCanavan 03-19-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyTJ
i have the pioneer 5 1/4 up front and the same in the 6 1/2 in the sound bar big fan of them. rockford fostgate new punches speakers sound awesome i think little pricey though.

what are you looking for bass or more of a crisp sound, what brands are you currently looking at?

I like bass but thats nothing if you don't have good sound. I've been looking at the Pioneers and also the Alpines.

capecodtjeep 03-19-2005 05:38 PM

I have a JVC head w/ Cerwin Vega 4x6 splits w/crossovers up front and Yamaha indoor/outdoor 6" 2-ways in the back. It really sounds good and I don't have to worry about them getting wet. Sounds much better than soundbar.

mkauffman 03-19-2005 05:52 PM

I put some Alpine 5 1/4's in the front. I fabricated my own brackets and just threw them in. Sounds great!

MCanavan 03-19-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkauffman
I put some Alpine 5 1/4's in the front. I fabricated my own brackets and just threw them in. Sounds great!

How much did they cost and where di you buy them?

MCanavan 03-19-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capecodtjeep
I have a JVC head w/ Cerwin Vega 4x6 splits w/crossovers up front and Yamaha indoor/outdoor 6" 2-ways in the back. It really sounds good and I don't have to worry about them getting wet. Sounds much better than soundbar.

Nver heard of Cerwin Vega.

MCanavan 03-19-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capecodtjeep
I have a JVC head w/ Cerwin Vega 4x6 splits w/crossovers up front and Yamaha indoor/outdoor 6" 2-ways in the back. It really sounds good and I don't have to worry about them getting wet. Sounds much better than soundbar.

Never heard of Cerwin Vega.


The time now is 09:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.