2nd (or 3rd) hand PIAA fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 2nd (or 3rd) hand PIAA fog lights

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 04-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Location: Albany~town, Oregon, Oregon my home and for 200 billion slugs
2nd (or 3rd) hand PIAA fog lights

Hi gang, I lucked into these old PIAA H3's and I'm wondering if anyone may know the model no.

I'm hoping to find replacement lens and reflectors. They don't appear on the PIAA site.

Also if someone can give me a line on what adhesive for the lens would be approapriate. In cleaning these up, one of the lens popped out.

Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid.
Gus

turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

I just got another email from PIAA "That is an old school P-1000 lamp. We no longer have any bulbs for that lamp. You can try and search the web for some part number is 13355. As far as a specific sealant I would go with and epoxy it will have better strength than an RTV".

So it looks like I need to find a high endurance epoxy now, if I choose inkeeping with PIAA's reccomendation.
Unread 04-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

old lights can be problematic. i just bought bought a set of Per Lux Fog Cutters. the ss housings, lenses, and deflectors are in excellent condition. luckily i found replacement bulbs still being made by GE, but they aren't cheap. good luck to you.
Unread 04-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I had a set that looked just like that..they used the standard H4 bulb. I made the mistake of having them on out on the trail and did a creek crossing with them on...shattered both lenses. Loved the pattern and wish they were still around.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #5
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Well, these lights are going on 'Easy Bake' my black panel van. So I don't do much of any off road in it, save for when I lived in Coos Bay. The bulbs are good and illuminate brightly but if they fail I've investigated already and the bulb assys. go for around $22 clams. Not too expensive considering the brand of H4's that are the primary headlights on 'Easy Bake'.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.