2005 Wrangler Airbag Specifications... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 2005 Wrangler Airbag Specifications...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 02-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
rgreen429
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2005 Wrangler Airbag Specifications...

Does anyone have the technical information regarding the Airbags in the 2005 Wrangler (TJ), 2 door, Rubicon? I was hoping to find out at what speed they are supposed to deploy. My daughter had an accident last summer (NO airbag deployment) and we are now getting sued by the individual that she rear ended. There was quite a bit of sheet metal (cosmetic) damage (grill, hood, fenders). However, the head lights did not even break and there was no frame damage whatsoever. She rear ended a 2003 Jeep Liberty w/rear mounted spare tire. There was minimal damage to the liberty... Any info would help. Thanks!

rgreen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Modern airbags deploy based on vehicle speed and deceleration G forces caused by the accident. The airbag control monitors the parameters and deploys the airbags only when all the programmed parameters are exceeded.

Most states hold the driver who rear-ends another vehicle responsible for the crash.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
rgreen429
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I was aware of the G Forces, as well as, the fact my daughter was deemed at fault. I am just looking for a technical/quantitative answer. The main issue is the Injuries that are being claimed seem way to drastic for the speed and damage that occurred. Being a Firefighter/Paramedic, I have seen much worse, with much less injuries...

Thanks again for the reply!
rgreen429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bag , airbag , information , Specifications , technical

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.