2003 tj stereo questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 2003 tj stereo questions...

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Jeep Wrangler Framless, Bowless, Trektops 92-95 YJ, 97-06 TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-25-2002, 08:47 PM   #1
quadna71
2001 XJ Cherokee 

2003 tj stereo questions...

hi everyone,
well, this is my situation. in one hand i have a 2003 sport tj that i'll be picking up in a couple of weeks. in the other i have a coupon from crutchfield (friend referrals rule!) that's just burning a whole in my pocket (oops, i meant hand). so here's the deal. i know that the factory head unit is redesigned but i'm not sure on the functions of it. does anyone know if the basic am/fm/tape unit has the changer controls included? if so, will a changer plug right into it or will i have to run it via an rf modulator? secondly, do you know if crutchfield or anyone else has a conversion plate already available for putting in an aftermarket head unit? i would like to keep the factory head unit for theft's sake if at all possible but if i can't hook up a changer without using the modulator than i'm putting in a new mp3 head unit. i appreciate any input anyone can give me on the new 2003's. oh, one more thing. anyone know what size the overhead pod speakers are? if they are 5 1/4" then maybe i'll use the coupon to upgrade to some 6 1/2" xplodes or another similar "drop in" speaker. thanks in advance...
chris

2003 TJ Sport - sold, 2000 TJ Sport - sold
1993 XJ Sport - totaled, 1987 XJ Laredo - sold
1987 XJ Chief - sold, 1953 CJ-3B - sold
quadna71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
FloridaXJ

new shape

As far as changer controls go, Jeep almost never puts them in Wranglers. I havent seen the 03 dash yet but I would guess that they are using the new style radio like all the other Jeeps and Chryslers. If so its more rounded at the corners, and yes they do make a dash kit for it. If Crutchfield doesnt have it a Circuit City in your area will.
Unread 09-26-2002, 04:58 PM   #3
eltj

If it doesnt have changer controls you can usually get the dealer to change it to one that does. There are a few changers that will plug into the factory radios. The first one is a alpine 6 disc and it will require a converter or you can get a oe style from a company called usa spec that will plug right in.
eltj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.