In short, this thread is about how i jammed a home built computer in my jeep...
the project has since changed. Go here to see what has been done if you are interested.:
Well, I sold my 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT (with all the computer gear in it!) and I bought a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. I miss my computer gear so much that I decided to add another set up very similar to what i had in my Eclipse.
I will be using Centrafuse as my main front end along with I-guidance, Capture, Scribble, and a few other plugins for centrafuse. Other software include BootSkin to change windows boot screen. (pics of that coming later)
Items on order:
Items on hand:
- One 120mm Fan Grill. (anyone have one?)
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport
- OBD2 diag tool (serial port interface OBDPros)
- Motherboard: MB ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 945GC 775 RT
- CPU Intel PDC E5200 2.5G 2M R WOLFDALE ((WaaauuUUUU!!!!))) /end howling
- MEM 1Gx2|KST DII667 KVR667D2K2/2GR
- 15ft UltraThin VGA HD15 CC388M1-15 Male to Male Triple Shielded Cable
- One 15ft USB 2.0 A/A 38062-15 Extension Cable
- Two 10ft USB 2.0 A/A Extension Cable
- Wifi card (D-Link DWL-G510 revision A1)
- Motorized touch screen MTSVO-SC K301 (same as my mitsu)
- Metra 70-6502 Chrysler 2002-2007 Radio Wire Harness
- METRA INSTALL KIT 99-6505 CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP 98-2005
- 2.5" 100gb 7200RPM notebook hard drive. HITACHI TRAVELSTAR 7K200
- ATA Hard Drive SATA Power Adapter Cable. (powers 2 sata drives off 1 molex)
- Motherboard mounts
- M4-ATX, 250w output, 6v to 30v wide input Intelligent Automotive DC-DC
- GlobalSat BU-353 USB GPS Receiver, BU353
- Case (Some $20.00 security box from staples.)
- External Wifi antenna
- Kenwood KDC-X492
- Power barrier strips
- Butane solder iron (awesome!)
- Dash cam (some $10.00 cheap one off ebay... if that fails i will try logitech but it cant be worst than Siig i was using.)
- Brando Wireless Illuminated Super Tiny Keyboard (coming from hongkong.)
- Logisys 120mm Blue Computer Case Fan 4 LED 120 mm
- Logisys 120mm red Computer Case Fan 4 LED 120 mm
- Damn usb wifi card... took for ever to ship
The 100GB hard drive will be split in two partitions 15os/85gb storage. I'm still thinking If i should add another drive for capture dump.
The jeep it self...
Here's the dash i'm working with... Its a 1.5 din. Which means i cant fit my radio and touch screen together. Im going to have to either go headless, relocate the headunit, or fabricate.
Glove compartment...Not sure what im going to do there yet...
Glovecompartment door removed...
Frotn bezel removed...
Measuring old equipment...
more coming soon...
I started the original thread at mp3car forums, but i feel i should share it here as well since its a wrangler ^_^ I hope no one minds.