2001 TJ Auxiliary Power Wire Location [Photo] - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 2001 TJ Auxiliary Power Wire Location [Photo]

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 08-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
Sleeperman
2001 TJ Wrangler 

2001 TJ Auxiliary Power Wire Location [Photo]

It took me a while to find these. Their existence and location have been described, but a picture is worth 1K words:

2001tj_aux_power.jpg

Remove the glovebox and find the harness labeled above; the wires are clearly labeled, and secured/obscured with electrical tape. Hope this helps!

Sleeperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was starting to think my owners manual was lying to me until I found mine about as month ago.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I cannot find these for the life of me in my 97 tj...

Any idea what I could run my "arm" switch to for my winch.. I really do not want to run another wire all the way to the battery.. I was going to do the cig lighter but thats constantly ON.
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did you look right above the fuse box? I think mine were tucked into the heat duct.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #5
Sleeperman
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esad_b View Post
I cannot find these for the life of me in my 97 tj...
Remove the glovebox and locate the wiring harness shown in the picture. The auxilliary power wires should be secured to the harness with black electrician's tape; you might have to dig for them.
Unread 07-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperman View Post
Remove the glovebox and locate the wiring harness shown in the picture. The auxilliary power wires should be secured to the harness with black electrician's tape; you might have to dig for them.
I did that. I peeled off the tape and it appeared to me all wires were in there tight and I could not pull any out. I tried pulling on the blue wire but it as in there good.

Would the switched 3amp wire even be adequate enough for me to run to my "arm" switch for the winch?
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
Sleeperman
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esad_b View Post
Would the switched 3amp wire even be adequate enough for me to run to my "arm" switch for the winch?
The power requirements for the winch should be specified in the installation guide. Without auxilliary power wires, direct from the battery is probably gonna be your best bet; it's easily done, and the necessary wiring may be included with the winch.
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
Jebussaves0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

OK... I took a shot at this and couldn't find them either on my '02. I located the wiring harness and, just as the previous poster noted, the wires located inside are tightly bundled together and un-labeled.

Just to clarify, are the auxiliary power wires INSIDE the harness or merely secured to it?
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara | 4.0L 5spd D44/D30 3.73s | Hurst Shifter | Hardwired Power Inverter | Hummer-Style CAI | 1" Rusty's BL/MML | AA TC Shifter Bracket | 2" BB | JKS Quicker Discos | 33x10.50R15 BFG KM2s | Alpine CDA-9886 HU | OTRATTW Switch Panel | G.P.F. Rear Bumper | Metalcloak Overline Fenders

M416 Trailer | In Progress
Jebussaves0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #9
Sleeperman
2001 TJ Wrangler 

On my '01 Sport, the Auxilliary Power wires were secured to the main harness with black tape. The picture shows them freed up, and the labels exposed.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.