2000 grand cherokee fog lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 2000 grand cherokee fog lights

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Bigtom04
2000 WJ 

2000 grand cherokee fog lights

Ok, my 00' cherokee doesn't have fog lights, but I have the wiring behind the bumper what would I need to put factory lights in?

Bigtom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
MilleniumXJ

I've done an extensive amount of reading on this topic lately. I have a 2K XJ Sport, and I am attempting to mount factory fogs using a factory dash switch - installing everything as close to factory standards as possible. The Sport (at least mine) was not fully wired for fogs. It is my understanding that most Classics were.

I can tell you that the first next step should probably be checking to see that your PDC is wired for the appropriate relays. If it is, then your second next step should be to pull the dash panel and check to see if you have the fog light rocker switch wiring (almost all models do, but if they did not come equipped with factory fogs, the wires terminate at the fuse panel). But, if you have the relays AND the switch wiring you might be lucky enough to have a simple plug and play situation, here.

If so, I envy you.
MilleniumXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtom04 View Post
Ok, my 00' cherokee doesn't have fog lights, but I have the wiring behind the bumper what would I need to put factory lights in?
If you also have the switch, it may be easier to use a test light or meter and check for voltage at the bumper wiring. If so, plug and play with a set of lights.

If not, do as above post suggest and check for fuses, relays, etc.

Be aware that most factory setups require the headlights to be on and low beam. Also most factory setups can handle a pair of 55watt lights, any more and you may have an overload.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.