2000 Cherokee Stereo help, pics included - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 2000 Cherokee Stereo help, pics included

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Garef
2000 TJ Wrangler 

2000 Cherokee Stereo help, pics included

I am in the process of installing an new Alpine headunit into my 2000 cherokee, i have wired it all up, however it will not come on. I reconnected my stock headunit and it would not come on either. I then noticed a small cable that I had not reattached, when I did connect it to the stock headunit, all came back on. You will see the cable in question in the pic below, how can I connect or disconnect it to get the new headunit to work, any help would be appreciated. Sorry if my description is rubbish.

Garef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That is a ground. Cut the connector off and splice it to the black wire coming out of your new head unit's harness.
Unread 05-31-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
Garef
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Champion, I got it sorted. Thanks.
Garef is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.