2 random newbie questions...help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 2 random newbie questions...help!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-05-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
Brenters
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2 random newbie questions...help!

Hi everyone! Just a couple of very unrelated questions.

First off, I just pulled the stock speakers out of the factory soundbar in my 91YJ. They're 4", but I was wondering if I could go any bigger without too much trouble. Ive seen talk of putting 5.25's in, but Im not sure if thats only possible with the newer sound bars.

Second question: My 4-way hazard lights stopped working the other day. Now when I turn them on, both turn indicator lights on the dash turn on, but do not flash, and none of the exterior lights flash or turn on. Turn signals are working fine (both sides). Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks for the help!

Unread 07-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
RubiconSS

Easiest way I answered Q#1 was I took a ruler with metric out to the ol' jeep and measured O.D. (outside diameter) for the pod or bar holes.
Then when you are looking at speakers you like, they all mention O.D. required (they can differ quite a bit)
This way you can tell if it is going to be a drop-in or what level of mod will be required.
I really like the 5.25" (all 4 if possible) in the Jeep.
Good luck
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Brenters
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice! Anyone have a clue about the 4-ways?
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
RubiconSS

If memory serves, there is a large relay in the fuse box that controls that, if they light on the dash but do not blink. I believe that is an indicator that the relay needs to be replaced. There should be a schematic on the lid that shows you which one controls the 4 ways or your owners manual.
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #5
Brenters
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I'll take a look after work...(nothing like getting paid to talk about jeeps )

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.