Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1998 tj sbc conversion w/ wiring issues???

360 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  treygan 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum, so I hope I'm in the right place. If not, please let me know. I just bought this jeep. It has a carbureted 350 not sure what it's out of but it's recently rebuilt and runs excellent. The only problem is that what I am assuming is wiring issues. Everything works but an example of my issues is...

when I have my radio on it works good until I flip on my kc lights or turn on my headlights or when I shift into certain gears. That is one of the issues.

Next up is that all of the lights (exterior and interior) flicker and get brighter and dimmer with the speed of the motor.

And lastly, my speedometer works about 1/2 to 3/4 of the time. I can be driving down the road at whatever speed and it will just drop to 0 and will eventually go back to working usually it takes a couple of minutes. When it goes out the other gauges that are still hooked up work like normal.

Thank you for taking the time to read and any advice would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.