Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1995 Wrangler 3rd Brake wiring

645 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JoeR203 
#1 ·
Question about the 3rd brake wiring.......in the wheel well there's a wire with a rubber banana plug type connector just dangling. I don't know if I pulled it loose when I unplugged the harness, or if it was never connected. It seems like it would go to the rubber grommet that the 3rd brake's ground wire would contact when the tailgate is closed, but there's no way that plug will attach to that grommet. Is it supposed to connect to it? Or just hang loose?

Also, I'm in the process of wiring up LED tail, reverse and side marker lights. Can I splice all ground wires together and attach to one central grounding point? I know I'd lose all lights if the ground came apart, but what's the likelihood of that happening? Just a street Jeep here. Or is it best to give each light it's own separate ground? And if the grounds are wired separate, can I attach them to one point?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.