1995 Jeep Cherokee laredo Infinity system need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 1995 Jeep Cherokee laredo Infinity system need help

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Dundahda

1995 Jeep Cherokee laredo Infinity system need help

Hi I'm trying to put a aftermarket radio in my 1995 Jeep Cherokee and I got power to the radio but when i hook the speaker wires up i don't get any sound and i would like to listen to my cd's do I have to eliminate the stock amp and run new speaker wires to the radio and put a aftermarket amp in or do i just need a wiring diagram for my jeep if some one could help me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Dundahda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
ZooTech
1995 ZJ 

Personally, I'd bypass the crappy stock amp and swap out the speakers for aftermarket 4ohm units. Below is a diagram of the inputs and outputs to the stock amp under the left rear seat:

~ Rough Country Nitro 9000 shocks
~ 31x10.5x15 Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers
~ 15x8 black Unique wheels
ZooTech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Engine_HP
2000 WJ 

i had this problem last week read here:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=10
2 Type R 15 Dual 4ohms,
Ported 7.07'cu Tuned 34hz
Big 3 1/0 Gauge wire.
Engine_HP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

First, welcome to JF. Are you using a wire harness adapter? If so, you need to hook up the blue/white wire from the aftermarket deck's harness to the blue wire of the wire harness adapter.

Jay

Last edited by rubibluejay; 08-16-2009 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: Edit: Adding Info
rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Jarett

Radio problems

I'm having this same problem. I hooked up a new radio and bought new speakers. I hooked up the radio and the speakers but i'm getting no sound out of my speakers. Any Help?
Jarett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubibluejay View Post
Are you using a wire harness adapter? If so, you need to hook up the blue/white wire from the aftermarket deck's harness to the blue wire of the wire harness adapter.
agreed. if blue isn't hooked, the system doesn't boot passed the radio(blue = REM power line for powered antenna, amp, etc)
I replaced mine and just hacked the harness off and matched up wires(i know, bad idea, but I'm gonna drive it till its dead, so..). Next step is for me to completely bypass the factory POS amp after I get the money for a Kenwood double din touchscreen head unit
Hope that helped!
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.