'08 jk audio help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > '08 jk audio help

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Emeyer24
2008 JK Wrangler 

'08 jk audio help

I am looking to get alpine type r speakers in my jeep. I want to put the 6.5s in the soundboard and I don't know what I should put in the dash what do you guys recommend. Also with this setup I am getting an alpine Ida-305 in dash stereo. How many waited amp would I need?

Emeyer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You'll want to match the watts rms of the speaker to that of the amp. Not very familiar with the jk dash space...the type r won't fit in the factory location? They have a shallow version if that speaker if the magnet is the issue.
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Emeyer24
2008 JK Wrangler 

I was wondering what would sound better in the dash between the 6.5 or the 5.25 because I am using the 6.5 in the soundboard for bass and I don't know If I should use the 5.25 in the dash to level the sound out
Emeyer24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.