03 TJ Speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > 03 TJ Speakers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Rubicon03

03 TJ Speakers

Hey,
I have a 03 Wrangler Rubicon and it has the stock speaker boxes on the roll bar over head. They only hold 5.25" speakers. I don't think I'll be happy with any 5.25 and possibly not 6.5" either. I was wondering if anyone has cut up these sound pods a little and fit in some larger speakers like 6x9 or something. Thoughts?

Rubicon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You'll be much happier with the sound from 6.5" speakers than 6x9, not to mention the 6.5" drop right in without modification. Oval speakers are only oval to fit odd size openings and never sound as good as round speakers do.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Rubicon03

im not satisfied with the bass im getting from the pair of 6.5 kenwoods i put in there, maybe i just need to hear other models.
Rubicon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You're not going to be satisfied with the bass from any soundbar mounted speaker.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio , rubicon , soundbar , speakers , wrangler tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.